After previously learning more about the Malignant and how to face them in Sanctuary, you are brought to a point where more progress is required.
Holding Back The Flood Season Quest needs to be completed for you to progress more with Season of the Malignant questline.
To progress, this requires that Chapter 1 and Chapter 2 of the Season Journey are completed before you can continue.
How To Get Holding Back The Flood Quest?
Holding Back The Flood Objectives
1) Complete Chapter 1 of the Season Journey
Instead of a specific objective needing to be completed, you will need to complete at least 7 out of 9 objectives in Season Journey Chapter 1.
The following objectives for Season Journey Chapter 1 are:
- The Hangman’s Garden – Collect 15 Gallowvine
- Heart of Corruption – Collect a Malignant Heart
- Den of Evil – Complete any Dungeon
- Trouble in the Wilds – Complete a World Event
- Into the Frozen Dark – Complete 3 Dungeons in Fractures Peaks
- What Lurks Below – Complete a Cellar
- Kind Stranger – Complete 5 Priority or Side Quests
- Keeper of the Keys – Collect a Whispering Key
- Waste Not – Salvage 10 Normal items at the Blacksmith
2) Complete Chapter 2 of the Season Journey
Similar to the first objective, this requires that you complete Chapter 2 of the Season Journey, which includes doing 9 out of 11 of the objectives below:
- Undertaker – Complete 10 Cellars
- Stopping the Spread – Collect 3 Malignant Hearts
- Ruins Reclaimed – Conquer a Stronghold
- Gemcutter – Craft any Chipped Gem at the Jeweler
- A Torch in the Depths – Complete 5 Malignant Tunnels
- Baptized in Blood – Reach level 25
- Vivisector – Collect 15 Demon Hearts
- A Warrior of Taste – Change the appearance of 5 equipment in the Wardrobe
- Lighting the Way – Interact with 10 waypoints
- Spit and Polish – Upgrade 2 items to level 2 at the Blacksmith or Jeweler
- Finer Clarity – Upgrade your potion to Minor at the Alchemist
Holding Back The Flood Quest Rewards
After both Chapter 1 and Chapter 2 of the Season Journey have been completed, Holding Back the Flood Season Quest will disappear, and the Answers in the Ashes Season Quest will begin.
This quest is rather long only since you need to complete the challenges of each of the chapters but is necessary to continue with the questline.
During the completion of these objectives, you have been able to hold back the Malignant but they continue to spread.
You will now need to meet with Cormond once again as the Malignant still needs to be stopped as soon as possible.