The Beastmaster FL4K in Borderlands 3 is a robotic character who takes the role as a hunter that uses their pets to aid them in battle and their stealth to give them an edge during combat.
They capable of turning invisible to regain their strength and surprise attack their enemies, command Rakks to dive-bomb their enemies and to send their pet through a rift to teleport up to enemies and attack them.
1) Fade Away
FL4K becomes invisible for 15 seconds, granting him 3% of his max health per second as well as 25% movement speed.
While invisible they can fire 3 shots which will always be critical but on the third shot the invisibility will break.
Until FL4K fires 3 critical rounds or the duration of the ability ends, they will remain invisible with fast movement speed and high health regeneration.
Fade Away Augments:
- Guerillas In The Mist – Fade Away does not lose its invisibility after firing but critical damage is reduced.
- Not My Circus – FL4K’s pet will taunt when Fade Away ends and will gain 80% damage reduction for a quick duration.
- Until You Are Dead – The movement speed and health regeneration stay a bit longer after the skill ends.
- Unblinking Eye – Gains 75% critical damage per hit against targets that you continuously hit with critical shots, resets every 3 shots.
Activating the ability has a quick animation and can be cast even if attacked by enemies which will cause them to lose track of where you are.
When attempting to surprise enemies it’s a good thing to use this ability before even going into the area where your enemies are.
Enemies who are unaware of your presence will not react to you moving around while the ability is active which allows you to position yourself for fights.
If an enemy was firing at you and you use the Fade Away, they will continue to fire to where you were last located.
The 3 shots will be critical hits and will even bounce around or go through enemies, appearing to be supercharged.
This is a great way to take out certain enemies without getting attack and can be used strategically during different situations.
Using a sniper rifle weapon from afar or a shotgun at close range is a good choice for this ability so you can make use of the critical damage.
Also Read the Other BL3 Guides
2) Rakk Attack
Sends out 2 Rakks that fly towards an enemy and dive-bomb them, dealing damage and possibly causing them to explode.
Deals 35 damage and has a cooldown time of 18 seconds before the skill can be used again, skill can have multiple charges.
Enemies that survive will catch fire, taking damage over time.
Rakk Attack Augments:
- Rakk Open A Cold One – Rakk Attack deals cryo elemental damage and has to chance of causing their effects.
- Falconer’s Feast– FL4K regains 7% of his max health when an enemy is hit by Rakk attack.
- Flock ‘N Load – Sends out 2 additional Rakks when the skill is used.
- Rakkcelerate – Reduces the cooldown time and adds an additional skill charge.
Activating the skill will have an animation delay where the Rakks are sent out and there is a slight travel time before they reach their target.
The projectiles are automatically guided and will seek out the target that you were aiming at.
Rakk attack can easily be cast while fighting with enemies and do not need to be monitored once they fly out as they will head to the targets on their own.
Enemies that survive the skill will be set on fire, taking damage over time allowing you to deal more damage over time.
Using this while fighting enemies can help increase the total amount of damage that you can dish out and the different augments can really scale it up well.
3) Gamma Burst
Gamma burst teleports your pet, regardless of which one you are using, to a specific location where you are aiming.
Your pet will then phase through portal, dealing damage in an area around it and then becomes radiated which causes it to grow and deal bonus radiation damage.
Deals 56 in damage with a duration that lasts 20 seconds and a 30 second cooldown before being able to be used again.
The moment you activate the Gamma Burst, a very quick animation will show you opening the portal and your pet will come out of it.
All enemies in the area nearby take damage from it and you pet, affected by the buff will begin to continue attacking enemies that are nearby.
The extra amount of radiation damage makes it even deadlier and with augments, it can pretty much hold its own in a fight.
This skill can easily be used to set up a fight, especially by sending your pet through and activating a command attack for them to do a special attack.
A combo such as though can deal a lot of damage in mere seconds to enemies.
Skill Tree Passives
- Self-Repairing System – Increases maximum health (6/12/18/24/30) percent and health regeneration (0.3/0.6/0.9/1.2/1.5) percent.
- Sic ‘Em – Attack Command has increased damage by (10/20/30/40/50) percent and a lower cooldown -(10/20/30/40/50) percent.
- Furious Attack – [HUNTER SKILL] Gains a stack when shooting enemies, increasing handling (1/2/2.9/3.8/4.8) percent and gun damage (0.4/0.8/1.2/1.6/2) percent every stack with a maximum of 10 stacks that last 4 seconds.
- Eager To Impress – [KILL SKILL] Reduces action skill cooldown when an enemy is killed by FL4K by (0.25/0.50/0.75/1/1.25) seconds or when killed by their pet by (0.5/1/1.5/2/2.5) seconds.
- All My BFF’s – FL4K’s health regeneration is shared to allies by (17/33/50) percent, doubled for their pets.
- Overclocked – Increases fire rate by (2/4/6/8/10) percent permanently while gaining a boost of (2/4/6/8/10) percent after reloading of 4 seconds.
- Lick The Wounds – During fight for your life, your pet will attempt to revive you.
- Turn Tail And Run – Moving grants (6.5/12.3/17.4) percent damage reduction and (0.3/0.6/0.9) percent health regeneration while staying still grants (8.3/16.7/25) percent gun damage and (4/8/12) percent fire rate.
- The Fast And The Furryous – Increases gun damage by (8/17/25) percent and movement speed by (3.4/6.7/10) percent.
- Hidden Machine – Enemies that have no target or that are fighting another target take (6/12/18/24/30) percent more damage from FL4K.
- Rage And Recover – [KILL SKILL] FL4K and their pets regenerate (1.6/3.2/4.8/6.4/8) percent of their missing health over 3 seconds after killing an enemy.
- The Power Inside – Activating an action skill grants FL4K and their pets 25 percent damage which is doubled if FL4K has full health.
- Interplanetary Stalker – [HUNTER KILL SKILL] FL4K gains a (2/4/6/8/10) percent damage after a kill and a unique bonus buff for killing humans that gives (3/6/9/12/15) percent action skill damage, robots that gives (1.5/3/4.5/6/7.5) percent corrosive damage and beasts that give (2/3/5/6/7) percent movement speed.
- Leave No Trace – Dealing a critical hit gives a (12/24/36) percent chance to add one 1 ammo to the current weapon magazine.
- Second Intention – [HUNTER KILL SKILL] Killing an enemy will grant (3/6/8/11/13) percent reload speed which is increased by (6/11/15/19/23) percent reload speed if it is a critical hit that kills the enemy.
- Hunter’s Eye – FL4K gains (3/6/9/12/15) critical hit damage fighting humans, (6/12/18/24/30) percent armor damage fighting robots and (5.3/10.1/14.4/18.3/21.0) percent damage vs beasts.
- Head Count – Dealing a critical hit has a (10/20/30) percent chance to reduce action skill cooldown by 2 seconds.
- Ambush Predator – FL4K gains (4/9/12/16/20) percent critical hit damage and (17/30/38/44/50) percent handling when no enemies are nearby.
- Two F4ng – Each shot has a (5/10/15/20/25) percent chance to fire an additional projectile.
- Big Game – Improves hunter skill effects by (10/20/30) percent and hunter skill duration by (33/67/100) percent.
- The Most Dangerous Game – [HUNTER KILL SKILL] Killing a badass or stronger enemy grants FL4K (8/17/25) percent gun damage, (3.3/6.7/10) percent critical hit damage, (14.3/25/33.3) percent handling and for 120 seconds.
- Galactic Shadow – FL4K gains 15% increased critical hit damage while being less likely to be attacked by enemies.
- Grim Harvest – Increases FL4K’s gun damage by (3/6/9/12/15) and action skill damage by (5/10/15/20/25) percent.
- Megavore – FL4K has a 20% chance to deal a critical hit shooting any part enemy.
- Ferocity – Increases the damage of FL4K’s pets by (10/20/30/40/50) percent.
- Persistence Hunter – Increases FL4K’s gun damage by (4/8/12) percent and action skill duration by (15/30/45) percent.
- Go For The Eyes!– Pet critical damage is increased by (15/30/45/60/75) percent.
- Who Rescued Who? – When FL4K deals damage, their pet regenerates (1/ percent of the damage dealt while FL4K gains (0.4/ percent of their max health per second for a few seconds.
- He Bites! – FL4K’s pet returns (5/10/15) percent damage back to its attackers.
- Frenzy – [HUNTER SKILL] FL4K and their pet gain (0.8/1.6/2.4/3.2/4) percent damage every time their pet deal damage which stacks 10 times.
- Psycho Head On A Stick – FL4K’s pet gains 12 percent movement speed and 10 percent damage for 8 seconds.
- Hive Mind – Damage taken by FL4K is shared by (5/10/15) percent with their pets.
- Barbaric Yawp – Increases the pet bonuses granted to FL4K by (20/40/60/80/100) percent.
- Mutated Defense – FL4K’s pet will 30 percent damage reduction and regenerates 40 percent of its max health when its health becomes low. Has a 15 second cooldown.
- Pack Tactics – Increases the health and damage of FL4K and their pets by (5/10/15) percent.
- Shared Spirit – When FL4K’s health becomes low, 50 percent of incoming damage is shared totheir pet.
- Dominance – [MELEE OVERIDE SKILL] Allows FL4K to perform a melee attack that will turn an enemy into an ally, fighting for FL4K for 12 seconds causing it to lose 2 percent max health per second.
FL4K has 3 different pets which each have two additional varieties which consists altogether as 3 Skags, 3 Spiderants and 3 Jabbers.
Each pet has its own special attack and their own form or way of damaging enemies and they all provide different buffs based on which one is equipped.
By holding the action skill key, FL4K may command [attack command] his pet to use its special attack followed by it targeting that certain enemy, allowing FL4K to choose who the pet will focus on as well as doing a special attack to them.
1) Guard Skag
The Guard Skag is the first Skag that FL4K may use and when it is summoned it will provide FL4K with a 5% damage boost.
Using the attack command will cause it to pounce up to an enemy if they are farm then spew acid on them dealing damage over time for a few seconds where they stand.
As one of the three starting pets, it is usually favored due to the bonus damage it provides but later on is usually replaced with one of its other variants.
Great Horned Skag
The Great Horned Skag is an offensive pet which boosts the damage of FL4K by 5% as well as a 10% additional Gun Damage which stacks with the first boost.
Its special attack when using attack command will cause it to charge up to an enemy and knock it straight into the air which is a great way to disable enemies and make them vulnerable.
Due to its buffs that increase damage and its ability to charge into battle to go head on against enemies, this pet makes the Great Horned Skag a reliable offensive tank.
The Great Horned Skag is a supportive pet which boosts both fire rate and damage of FL4K by 5% each.
Commanding it to attack an enemy will cause it to create a singularity field which will suck in enemies similar to a quick black hole which pulls enemies nearby and make them helpless for a quick duration.
Having the ability to cause multiple enemies to be pulled together for you to fire upon as well as boosting your damage and fire rate, the Eridian Skag makes a good support tank.
2) Spiderant Centurion
The Spiderant Centurion is the first Spiderant pet that FL4K which causes him to regenerate 1% of his max health per second.
Its attack command will cause it to charge up to an enemy and deal a charge attack that knocks them back.
Picking this as an early pet is a good choice if you aim to have early survivability due to the health regeneration that it provides.
The Spiderant Scorcher remains similar to its previous variation except with the addition of fire damage to its attacks and its bonus to FL4K’s health regeneration by 1% and an additional 10% elemental damage.
Its command attack is similar to its previous version except its attack has a larger area and is imbued with fire and it also leave a trail of fire when it dashes to enemies.
One of its attacks is that it slams the ground to deal fire damage over time to enemies that stand in the area, making this good for damage over time and stunning enemies.
The Spiderant Countess gives more survivability by granting 5% damage reduction along with the 1% of max health regeneration per second.
When commanded to attack a target it will burrow then then emerge to deal a corrosive damage in an area around it.
Making use of the corrosive attack will be a good addition to damage per second while the boosts from the pet itself are good for survivability.
3) Jabber Sidekick
The Jabber Sidekick is the first variant of the Jabber pets which uses a pistol when fighting alongside you and gives you a 5% boost in movement speed.
Commanding it to use a special attack will cause it to throw a radiation barrel at enemies dealing radiation damage to them.
Unlike most pets the Jabber does ranged damage and can target enemies at a good range and provide you with a boost in movement speed to get around slightly quicker.
The Beefcake Jabber wields a shotgun instead of a pistol and gives the 5% movement speed buff as well as an additional 10% to max health.
Activating its attack command will cause it to grab and equip a weapon and hit with it which will knock them back.
Using this pet gives a 10% increase in health which can help with sturdy builds later on and its command skill attack is good for stunning enemies.
The Gunslinger Jabber provides the basic 5% movement speed and adds a 5% critical hit damage while it uses a submachine gun instead of a shotgun.
Using the attack command will cause the Gunslinger Jabber to bring out a rocket launcher and fire it at its target, dealing large amounts of damage.
With its submachine gun it can deal a steady amount of shots at enemies and large amounts of damage as well as knockback enemies with its rocket launcher the buffs it provides makes it good for those that are quick when moving and accurate with their weapons.
Given the builds that they have, FL4K in Borderlands 3 is capable of being either stealthy by utilizing long range shots and critical damage, fast and deadly by rushing enemies while remaining sturdy and being a master, using his beasts as powerful tools of destruction.
Having pets along with them, FL4K kind of gains an advantage because the can easily distract enemies and give them the upper hand.
FL4K has many abilities that increase his fighting capabilities as well as his health, making him pretty sturdy and capable of rushing in battles.