Sometime typing can be dull and tiring to do all the time and when it comes to communication in the game you need something else to express yourself.
Good thing there are emotes in the game and a lot of them as a matter of fact which you can use to show your emotions ingame.
Emotes are expressions that will occur making your character do a certain animation which may also have a certain audio played as well.
These can easily be used and are a fun way to express oneself when playing MapleStory 2.
How To Use Emotes?
Emotes may be used by pressing keys that are bound to them which is in default the F1 key going onwards.
You may also play emotes by opening up the emote menu which can be done by clicking on it in the chat box and clicking them manually.
It is possible to set a hotkey for your emotes by clicking the space under the emote where the key for it is displayed and pressing a key that you want to replace it with.
Also Read Other MapleStory 2 Guides
- Custom Clothes
- House Design
- Music Sheets
- Potion Solvent Farming
- Crystal Fragments
How To Get Emotes?
The basic emotes in MapleStory2 may be unlocked by accomplishing different tasks and obtaining specific trophies.
Upon getting a trophy for specific achievements, the emote will automatically be unlocked as long as the conditions for it are met.
There are 20 basic emotes that you can find that will be in your emote menu that can be unlocked by playing the game.
The Greet, Scheme, Reject, Sit, Sit Ledge and Epiphany emotes are already unlocked for your character once you begin the game with them.
- Possessed Fan Dance – this can be unlocked by standing in lava for 1 minute which doesn’t have to be consecutive which means you can repeatedly go in and out of the lava or just respawn and stand again until it is unlocked.
- Bow – this is accomplished by finishing the “Imperial Audience” epic quest which you will eventually do as you progress through the game.
- Cry – you will unlock this emote if you die and revive yourself from a tombstone 10 times in the game and eventually if you die every now and then you will be able to unlock it, if not just kill yourself with lava and revive 10 times.
- Dejected – when you fish and fail to catch anything 10 times you will receive this emote which can be done by simply fishing or using an Auto-Fishing Voucher so you will eventually unlock the emote.
- Like – the first time you successfully enchant an item will automatically unlock this emote for you so basically you will get this as you progress or when you upgrade gear early.
- Pout – If you fail to enchant an item that is below +10, you will unlock this emote which will eventually happen if you use Ophelia to enchant your items.
- High Five – this unlocks when you play an ensemble for the first time which can be done by getting some buddies or asking people to join you in a party and playing a music score as a group.
- Catch Of The Day – catching 500 prized fish will grant you this emote which may take time but with the help of Auto-Fishing Vouchers, you can do this automatically and even go AFK while your character is fishing.
- Make It Rain – when you collect a total amount of 5,000,000 Mesos, you will unlock this emote which will eventually occur later on when you have progressed throughout the game.
- Surprise – once you find and activate 30 binoculars this emote will be unlocked and if you need a quick way to do so just head to different maps and check for the locations on your minimap.
- Anger – you will eventually break things during the game such as trees, blocks and more which will unlock the emote if you destroy 100 objects while playing.
- Scissors – this can be unlocked playing Crazy Runners 10 times.
- Rock – this can be unlocked playing Spring Beach 10 times.
- Paper – this can be unlocked playing Simian Sea 10 times.
You can purchase additional emotes that are unique from the Meret Market for Merets which you can use to express yourself.
Emotes will cost a different amount of Merets depending on which emote is selected to be purchased.
Clicking on an emote will show a preview of the animation so that you can see what it looks like when your character does the emote.
These emotes are unique from the basic ones and have different animations which fun to use and can make expressing yourself more fun.
Here is a list of the emotes that you can buy in MapleStory 2:
|Squishy Pink Bean|
|Hop Shuffle Boogie|
|Para Para Dance|
|Don’t Ask Me|
Emotes can be fun to use in the game as they make the characters even more adorable and they can be really funny at times.
A lot of players like to purchase emotes so they can use them to express themselves, especially when it comes to certain situations.
Some emotes can be used to complete tasks which require you to use an emote at a certain time to acquire a trophy or complete a side quest.
There are several emotes out there for your characters to use and a lot of them come at a price in Merets that isn’t too high for the right expression.