The recent defeat of Hashladun did not end her doings, it appears her sisters have picked up where she left off and rituals have started to take place.
You are tasked with investigating and putting a stop to these rituals and preventing their plans from being accomplished before things get out of hand.
This quest involves participating in the Altar of Sorrows and can also be considered an introduction to doing them (teaming up with other players).
How To Get The Deepening Wake Quest?
The Deepening Wake Quest Steps
Step 1: Open Tier III+ Chest and Defeat Nightmares
Your task will be to participate in the Altar of Sorrows event (since a lot of Nightmares spawn there) in order to defeat 20 nightmares and open a Tier III+ Chest.
As you participate in the Altar of Sorrows, there will be several Nightmares spawning and this is where you will be able to get a lot of kills.
The Altar of Sorrows have different stages, the further you go, the better the chest, and you will need to participate and get at least a Tier III chest.
Step 2: Return to Eris Morn in Sanctuary
Head back to Eris Morn in Sanctuary and speak with her to complete the quest, which also has her speaking about the rituals being only the first step, as there is more to learn.
This concludes the quest and will unlock a dungeon that you will be able to participate in from then on.
Also read below our other guides related to Shadowkeep DLC
- A Mysterious Disturbance Mission
- In Search of Answers Mission
- Nightmare Hunt: Anguish Mission
- Essence of Despair Quest
- Essence of Anguish Quest
- In the Deep Mission
- Essence of Pride Quest
- Nightmare Hunt: Pride Mission
- Essence of Fear Quest
- Nightmare Hunt: Isolation Mission
- Essence of Isolation Quest
- Nightmare Hunt: Fear Mission
- Essence of Failure Quest
- Essence of Jealousy Quest
- Memory of Sai Mota Quest
- Essence of Brutality Quest
- Beyond Mission
The Deepening Wake Rewards
Once you have completed The Deepening Wake quest, you will be able to participate in the Pit of Heresy Dungeon.
- The Altar of Sorrows is a public event and you will be able to team of with other players to focus on the goal.
- There will be several Nightmares spawning and you can easily complete this quest with a single run with the Altar of Sorrows.
- The more you progress in the Altar of Sorrows, the better the chest, consider this when it comes to the objective as well as bonus loot.