The Gunner, Moze is a ex-military specialist who never leaves home without her trusty Iron Bear, a mechanical suit that she uses when fighting her enemies.
She specializes in dealing high amounts of damage done by firing off several rounds, making use of fiery munitions and explosive damage along with the survivability provided by her high amount of shields and resistances.
Moze is different from other characters and instead of having abilities to use, she can summon her Iron Bear suit for her to use.
The Iron Bear is affected by several of Moze’s passive skills and can be improved along with Moze to either be used offensively or defensively based on the player’s preference.
Summoning Iron Bear will cause an animation to play which will prevent Moze from taking any damage, allowing this to save her life at certain time and upon entering Iron Bear, the mechanical suit itself will take damage instead of Moze.
While inside Iron Bear, Moze will regenerate anything that her stats are set to allow her to regenerate which can make using Iron Bear not only offensive or defensive but also situational at times.
Replacing the option of having different active skills to use, Iron Bear instead can be modified to have two attacks which can be selected similar to how skills would be selected.
These can be either different or the same weapons and one can be selected for each hand and can be used with the primary fire button as well as the aim button if basic keys are set.
The Iron Bear has a total of 6 different weapons which all can be modified to add up to different strategies depending on how the user prefers to fight.
Using weapons or being active in Iron Bear will drain its fuel which is pretty much the same as its cooldown so its wise to be more accurate than reckless to be able to stay inside longer.
More Guides of Borderlands 3
1) Bottomless Mags
The Bottomless Mags tree focuses mainly on the ammo efficiency of Moze and includes the Minigun and Salamander weapons for Iron Bear.
The Minigun fires several bullets in a small amount of time which can easily shred enemies apart from different ranges.
Heat will generate when the Minigun is fired and if the maximum amount is reached, the Minigun will need to cooldown for a short period of time.
- Lose Off Some Steam – Increases damage of the Minigun based on how high the heat level is and reduces rate of which it starts to overheat.
- General Winter – Changes the damage type of the Minigun to cryo damage and reduces the heat gain and fuel drain at the cost of damage.
- Exploding. Bullets. – Increases the damage of the Miniguns shots and causes them to deal explosive damage at the cost of having a slower rate of fire.
The Salamander is a flamethrower which fires out a continuous flame that damages and sets enemies on fire, dealing both initial damage and damage over time.
Using the Salamander is best for close range and works well against enemies that are flesh type in terms of defenses.
- Fuel Economy – Reduces the fuel drain when using the Salamander and gives a speed bonus when enemies are damaged.
- Chemical Warfare – Changes the damage type of the Salamander to Corrosive damage and increases the damage over time.
- Molten Roar – Causes the Salamander to fire a burst of 3 projectiles where the first projectile will cause an area to become an incendiary area for a short duration.
2) Demolition Woman
The Demolition Woman skill tree mainly focuses on Moze dealing explosive or area of effect damage and includes the V-35 Grenade Launcher and Vanquisher Rocket Pod for Iron Bear.
V-35 Grenade Launcher
The V-35 Grenade Launcher fires grenades rounds at enemies that will either explode upon impact with an enemy or after a short timer after landing on the ground.
With a magazine size of 15, the V-35 Grenade Launcher will need to reload until being able to fire more rounds and will fire one at a time unless modified to burst-fire.
V-35 Grenade Launcher Augments:
- Shaped Charge – Causes direct hits on enemies to have an increased amount of damage.
- Musical Chairs – Every 7th shot from the V-35 Grenade launcher will fire off a singularity grenade that pulls enemies to an area.
- Lock And Speedload – Increased the reload speed of the V-35 Grenade Launcher and causes it to fire off bursts of 5 grenades.
Vanquisher Rocket Pod
The Vanquisher Rocket pod can fire multiple rockets out which are initially unguided but can later on be modified to have locking feature, increased rockets or higher amounts of damage.
Rockets from The Vanquisher Rocket pod may reach a good distance and will explode and deal an amount of damage upon impact, capable of bombarding several enemies.
Vanquisher Rocket Pod Augments:
- Active Tracking – Allows you to target enemies to the lock-on feature for the rockets, guiding them to hit enemies and increases the reload speed.
- Target Softening – Increases the rockets fired from the Vanquisher Rocket Pod and causes enemies to take more damage from other sources at the cost of the rockets damage being reduced.
- Hammerdown Protocol – Changes the burst of rockets fired to a single nuclear warhead which deals a extremely large amount of damage in an area.
3) Shield Of Retribution
The Shield Of Retribution skill tree focuses on high amounts of damage and with Moze possessing a high shield for defense which provides Iron Bear with the Railgun and Bear Fist weapons.
The Railgun initially fires off a high precision projectile that initially is electricity based but can later on be modified to alter both the fire rate and element of the projectile.
The Projectile fired from the Railgun is capable of hitting multiple enemies and can be modified to either weaken them or cause chain effects.
- Hell On Rails – Converts the damage of the Railgun to incendiary damage at the cost of an increased fuel drain.
- Capacitive Armature – Causes the damage to chain to other enemies for a reduced amount of damage.
- Corrosive Sabot Round–Changes the element of the projectile to corrosive damage and increases the magazine size along with a reduced fuel drain but at the cost of dealing less damage.
Unlike Iron Bear’s other weapons, the Bear Fist provides it with the capability of dealing a melee attack which strikes an enemy in front of hit.
This can later be modified to deal bonus damage or even to be able to hook enemies and pull them back to Iron Bear depending on the selected augments.
- Wild Swing – Causes hits from the Bear Fist to deal a random bonus elemental damage to the enemy that is hit as well as to enemies nearby.
- Close The Distance – Changes the Bear Fist’s attack to a long-range attack that shocks enemies and drags them back to the Iron Bear.
- Shockhammer – Allows the Bear Fist to be used rapidly and reduces the fuel cost, allowing it to have sustained melee damage along with bonus shock damage.
Skill Tree Passives
- Cloud Of Lead – Causes every incendiary damage to be fired from both Moze and Iron bear every (8/7/6/5/4) shots, dealing (2.25/4.50/6.75/9/11.25) percent bonus incendiary damage.
- Dakka Bear – Adds a manned turret that can be used on the back of Iron Bear.
- Matched Set – Every piece of equipment equipped from the same manufacturer will increase magazine size by (2/4/6/9/10) percent and reduce heat per shot by (2/4/6/8/11) percent.
- Stoke The Embers – Increases the incendiary damage done by both Moze and Iron Bear by (10/20/30) percent.
- Redistribution –When Moze deals a critical hit, she regenerates 5% of her magazine for 3 seconds.
- Scrappy – Increases weapon swap and mode switch speed by (16/27.5/36.3/43.2/48.7) and handling by (10.7/19.4/26.5/32.4/37.5) when Moze is moving.
- Rushing Offensive – Allows Moze to sprint and shoot at the same time.
- Scorching RPM’s – Increases fire rate by (3/6/9/12/15) percent and critical hit damage by (4/8/12/16/20) percent.
- The Iron Bank –Increases the magazine size of Moze’s weapons by (7/14/21/28/35) percent.
- Specialist Bear – Increases the damage of Iron Bear’s weapons by 25% when two of the same weapons are equipped.
- Some For The Road – After exiting Iron Bear, Moze has unlimited ammo for 5 seconds.
- “Click, Click…” – Causes gunshots to have increased damage when magazine is running out which reaches up to (12/24/36) and if a COV weapon is used, the same effect happens as the heat increases.
- Forge – Gives Moze 5% constant ammo regeneration, permanently.
- Fire In The Skag Den–Causes splash damage to deal (3/6/9/12/15) percent additional incendiary damage.
- Deadlines – Reduces the fuel drain when firing weapons with Iron Bear by (12/22/30) percent and causes Iron Bear to replenish (2/4/6) percent fuel when enemies are killed while it is active.
- Grizzled – [KILL SKILL] Whenever Moze kills an enemy, Iron Bear’s cooldown is reduced by (1/2/3/4/5) seconds.
- Means Of Destruction – Dealing splash damage has a (3.3/6/7/10) percent chance to restore ammo to your magazine and a (2/4/6) percent chance to restore a grenade.
- Torgue Cross-Promotion – Splash damage Moze deals has a (3/6/9/12/15) percent chance to double in size.
- Stainless Steel Bear – Increases Iron Bear’s armor by (6/12/18/24/30) percent and fuel by (4/8/12/16/20) percent.
- Pull The Holy Pin – Gives a (10/20/30) percent chance that grenades will deal critical hits.
- Auto Bear – Iron Bear will remain active until its time runs out which will cause it to charge and self-destruct at the end of its duration.
- Vampyr – Restores (4/8/12/16/20) percent health per enemy hit when a grenade is thrown and explodes.
- Why Can’t I Carry All These Grenades – Increases grenade carry limit by (1/2/3) permanently.
- To The Last – Allows Moze to throw grenades when in Fight For Your life and all grenades thrown before the Second Wind will be returned.
- Explosive Punctuation – Increases action skill cooldown when an enemy is hit with explosive or splash damage by (5/10/15/20/25) percent.
- Short Fuse – Gives a chance to deal additional damage with gunshots by 20 percent, dealing 75 percent bonus damage as an explosion.
Shield Of Retribution
- Selfless Vengeance – When reloading, Moze loses (1/2/3/4/5) percent health and gains (3/6/9/12/15) percent additional incendiary damage for 5 seconds.
- Security Bear – Gives Iron Bear a shield based on 20 percent of its max health which deactivates upon taking too much damage and will recharge.
- Armored Infantry – As long as Moze has shields active, she gains (3/6/8/11/13) percent damage reduction and (3/6/9/12/15) gun damage.
- Drowning In Brass – [KILL SKILL] Killing an enemy will give a stack of Drowning In Brass which increases damage by (4/8/12/16/20) percent and reduces fire rate by (0.5/1/1.5/2/2.5) percent for 15 seconds. Max stack of 3.
- Thin Red Line – Reduces max health by (20/40/60) and increases shields by the same amount.
- Vladof Ingenuity – Increases maximum shields by (6/12/18/24/30) percent and adds (15/26/35/42/47) percent.
- Full Can Of Whoop-Ass – Entering Iron Bear causes the shields of Moze and her allies to begin recharging with a 25 percent increase in recharge rate.
- Experimental Munitions – Adds 10 percent incendiary damage to Moze’s critical hits.
- Behind The Iron Curtains – Increases the shield recharge delay by (7/14/19) percent and increases recharge rate by (7/14/21) percent.
- Desperate Measures – Depending on how low Moze’s health is, her gun damage increases by (17/33/50) percent.
- Phalanx Doctrine – [KILL SKILL] Each kill grants a stack of Phalanx Doctrine which grants Moze (3/6/9/12/15) additional max shields and (2/4/6/8/10) percent additional gun damage for 30 seconds. No Stack Limit.
- Force Feedback – Upon dealing a critical kill, Moze’s shields will immediately start recharging.
- Tenacious Defense – Moze will regenerate 40 percent of her shields and gain 30 percent bonus gun damage for 30 seconds whenever her shields are depleted. Cooldowns when shields are fully recharged again.
Moze is a very durable character, despite having abilities that can inflict self-harm due to explosions or health draining passive skills and her builds guarantee successive hits against enemies as well as high amounts of damage.
The usage of Iron Bear can immediately change situations to suit her favor and she may use both her passive skills to empower herself or her Iron Bear to destroy her enemies while remaining safe inside until the moment comes for her to unleash devastation on her own.