New World has a lot of activities for your characters to do, one of them is gathering resources, which plays an important part in the game.
Different kinds of resources can be gathered, such as plants, ores, wood, animal skin, and much more.
To gather such resources, you will need to have the appropriate tools, which have different qualities that may make gathering easier.
Gathering Tools Uses
In New World, there are gathering tools that your character will need to have in able to begin gathering almost any resource in the game.
For a specific type of resource, you will need a specific tool such as a logging axe for chopping trees for wood or a mining pick to mine ores from deposits.
Each tool has its use and there are different variants of the tools, making them more valuable and harder to obtain tools more efficient in gathering.
Type of Gathering Tools
Pickaxes are required to mine deposits and other objects for ore and other materials.
Flint Mining Pick
|Iron Mining Pickaxe||125%||Tier II|
Steel Mining Pickaxe
|Starmetal Mining Pickaxe||400%||Tier IV|
Orichalcum Mining Pickaxe
2) Logging Axe
Logging Axes are required to chop down trees for wood.
Flint Skinning Knife
|Iron Skinning Knife||125%||Tier II|
Steel Skinning Knife
|Starmetal Skinning Knife||400%||Tier IV|
Orichalcum Skinning Knife
3) Skinning Knife
Skinning Knives are required to cut out meat, flesh, and more from creatures you slay.
Flint Logging Axe
|Iron Logging Axe||125%||Tier II|
Steel Logging Axe
|Starmetal Logging Axe||400%||Tier IV|
Orichalcum Logging Axe
4) Harvesting Sickle
Harvesting Sickles are required to gather fibers, plants, and other resources found in the wild.
Flint Harvesting Sickle
|Iron Harvesting Sickle||125%||Tier II|
Steel Harvesting Sickle
|Starmetal Harvesting Sickle||400%||Tier IV|
Orichalcum Harvesting Sickle
5) Fishing Pole
Fishing Poles are required to catch fish when you locate a fishing area.
|Max Cast Distance||Tier|
Wooden Fishing Pole
|Treated Wood Fishing Pole||14m||Tier II|
Aged Wood Fishing Pole
|Wyrdwood Fishing Pole||18m||Tier IV|
Ironwood Fishing Pole
Gathering Tool Perks
All Tool Perks
These are Perks that can be applied to all of the gathering tools, having the same type of effect no matter what tool it is.
- Sliver of Adamant (Durable) – Increases the durability of the tool by 25% – 75%, allowing it to be used more before needing to be repaired.
- Drop of Azoth Oil (Azoth Extraction) – Provides a 30% – 48% chance to obtain Azoth when gathering from a node.
- Small Elk Hoof (Gathering Alacrity) – Causes your character to gain the Haste buff for 3 seconds after gathering.
1) Logging Axe Perks
- Steel Lumberjack’s Charm (Lumberjack’s Discipline) – Provides your character with an additional 3% – 9.4% logging experience.
- Starmetal Lumberjack’s Charm (Logging Luck) – Your character gains a 2% – 9.3% to obtain rare items when logging.
- Orichalcum Lumberjack’s Charm (Logging Yield) – When logging, the amount of resources you obtain is increased by 10% – 19%.
2) Mining Pick Perks
- Steel Miner’s Charm (Prospectors’ Discipline) – Your character has an additional increase in gaining 3% – 9.4% mining experience.
- Starmetal Miner’s Charm (Mining Luck) – There is a 2% – 9.3% increased chance of finding rare items when mining.
- Orichalcum Miner’s Charm Mining Yield) – Resources that you obtain when mining is increased by 10% – 19%.
3) Harvesting Sickle Perks
- Steel Botanist’s Charm (Horticulture Discipline) – Gain an additional 3% to 9.4% harvesting experience when gathering.
- Starmetal Botanist’s Charm (Harvesting Luck) – There is a 2% – 9.3% increased chance for your character to obtain rare items when harvesting.
- Orichalcum Botanist’s Charm (Harvesting Yield) – Gain an additional 10% – 19% more resources when harvesting.
4) Skinning Knife Perks
- Steel Skinner’s Charm (Tanner’s Discipline) – Your character acquires 3% – 9.4% more skinning experience.
- Starmetal Skinner’s Charm (Skinning Luck) – When skinning, there is a 2% – 9.3% increased chance for you to obtain rare items.
- Orichalcum Skinner’s Charm (Skinning Yield) – Gain an additional 10% – 19% more resources when harvesting.
5) Fishing Pole Perks
The fishing pole does not have any other perks aside from the three shared perks for all of the gathering tools, including the following:
- Sliver of Adamant (Durable)
- Drop of Azoth Oil (Azoth Extraction
- Small Elk Hoof (Gathering Alacrity)
It is best to get the perks that will benefit your character the most, which is most of the time is gathering luck, gathering yield, and Azoth extraction.
While earlier tools may be lesser due to the lack of perk slots, later on, you will be able to obtain or craft tools that can have 2 or more slots.
One of the best combinations for tools would be luck, yield, and Azoth extraction which is mainly sought out by those who craft their tools for better benefits.