It’s a Crying Shamos (Optional Quest) in MHW
- Quest Type: Optional Quest
- Quest Location: Coral Highlands
- Quest Rank: 4
The Meowscular Chef needs you to take out some Shamos in order for him to collect resources in the Coral Highlands.
He claims that the scrawny creatures won’t stand a chance, which is true since Shamos are pretty easy to kill.
Your objective will be to head over to the Coral Highlands and kill Shamos for The Meowscular Chef.
- Quest Type: Slaying Quest
- Objective: Slay 11 Shamos
- Quest Giver: The Meowscular Chef (Astera)
It is advisable to start off in Southern Camp (1) since the Shamos spawn pretty much near that area and it would be much easier to continue along such a route.
As you descend from the camp, make your way to the right and proceed to Sector 2 and carry on to Sector 3.
You will encounter groups of Shamos while you fight through the packs of these monsters and will need to kill 11 in total.
Once you have killed a total of 11 Shamos, the It’s a Crying Shamos quest will be complete and you will be rewarded with 2,520 Zenny.
Completing this quest will add King Turkey to the canteen menu.
- Following the path starting from Sector 1 going to Sector 2 can guarantee that the quest will finish fast since there are more than enough Shamos to be killed.
- Shamos will tend to attack you in packs, making it ideal to back up and allow them to get close to each other in order to hit more than one of them at a time.
- It is easy to kill Shamos as they have a small amount of health but it would be wise to watch out for those that surround you to prevent taking too much damage.