- Quest Type: Optional Quest
- Quest Location: Coral Highlands
- Quest Rank: 4
The Chief Ecologist has a strange request that involves the need of balloons for an upcoming birthday party.
Most air related objects used benefit from research or materials gathered from the Paolumu and this will require you to do the same in such a situation.
You will need to head to the Coral Highlands to hunt a Paolumu for its materials that may be used for the balloons needed for the birthday party.
- Quest Type: Hunting Quest
- Objective: Hunt a Paolumu
- Quest Giver: Chief Ecologist (Astera)
Start out in Southern Camp (1) and make your way to the left, where you will eventually need to follow the Paolumu’s tracks or head to Sector 5 to spot it.
If the Paolumu is not around Sector 5, it should appear soon and at this time you may already find its tracks to find its exact location.
Attack the Paolumu as soon as you can and try to get as many hits as possible because sooner or later the creature will attempt to fly, making it annoyingly hard to hit it most of the time.
Whenever the monster is flying, try to angle yourself to get hits, launch yourself into the air or attack it with your Slinger.
Fight the Paolumu until its health is at a critical level and continue to follow after it and attack until it is killed.
Once you have defeated the Paolumu, the Sorry You’re Not Invited quest will be complete, rewarding you with 4,320 Zenny.
- Try to maximize the amount of damage you do when the monster is closest to the ground, saving special ammunition or special attacks for such times.
- If you encounter a Tzitzi-Ya-Ku during the quest, you can use it to your advantage by attacking it and fighting the Paolumu, taking advantage of the Tzitzi-Ya-Ku’s disable a few times.
- Try to stick to areas where the Paolumu cannot fly too high, which will allow you to have a better chance of hitting the monster.