If you have seen the Harry Potter movies you may have gotten ideas about flying on a broom by now and you are in luck, that is featured in the game.
Players can fly around on a broom to get to destinations quicker or to reach areas they could not normally reach on foot.
While getting a broom will not be as quick as going through the first few quests, eventually you will be able to obtain one and use it to get almost anywhere.
How To Unlock Broom Flying?
Flying is mainly done on a broom but you can later on get different mounts to get around the map as you progress through the game.
Your first time to fly will be during the Flying Class quest, which comes later as you have gone through some of the quests.
Once the Flying Quest is finished, you will get a side quest called Flight Test that will allow you to later obtain your broom.
How To Get Broom?
To get a broom, you must first complete the Flight Test side quest also known as the broom unlock quest, which is where you meet the owner of Spintwitches.
During the side quest, you will be able to purchase a broom that you can use to get around and he will ask you to do a task for him.
Even without doing the task, you will be able to start flying around once you have already purchased the one you like based on its design.
How To Use Broom on PC?
To use your broom, you will need to open up the Tool Menu and press the corresponding key that will allow you to ride it, which will cause the broom controls to appear.
Once you are on your broom, you can ascend using the jump key/button or descend using the crouch key/button.
The movement keys can be used to maneuver the broom and you also can change to a faster flight mode and even use a speed burst to go around fast.
As you progress through the game, you will be able to upgrade your broom after completing broom racing events given to you by Albie Weekes.
The more trials you complete, the more upgrades you can purchase for your broom to improve its performance.
Multiple upgrades can be purchased and in the end, your broom will be more efficient even at greater heights.
The following are all the broom locations in Hogwarts Legacy, including their price and the merchant who sells them.
- Ember Dash Broom (600 Galleon – Spintwitches Sporting Needs)
- Hogwarts House Broom (600 Galleon – Spintwitches Sporting Needs)
- Moon Trimmer Broom (600 Galleon – Spintwitches Sporting Needs)
- Wind Wisp Broom (600 Galleon – Spintwitches Sporting Needs)
- Yew Weaver Broom (600 Galleon – Spintwitches Sporting Needs)
- Aeromancer Broom (3000 Galleon – Wandering Merchant Prakash)
- Family Antique Broom (2500 Galleon – Wandering Merchant Priya Treadwell)
- Silver Arrow Broom (5000 Galleon – Wandering Merchant Arn)
- Sky Scythe Broom (5000 Galleon – Wandering Merchant Leopolde Babcocke)
- Night Dancer Broom (Complete tier I Balloon Challenges)
- Lickety Swift Broom (Complet tier II Baloon Challenges)
- Wild Fire Broom (Complete tier III Ballon Challenges)
- Bright Spark Broom (Complete tier IV tier Balloon Challenge)
Are There Any Best brooms?
While there are 6 starting brooms, you can find a total of 13 brooms in the game as others can be purchased from different merchants.
All of the brooms have the same stats and only differ when it comes to their appearance, making no broom differences at all.
Players may still upgrade each broom with the same upgrades and enjoy it at full efficiency once fully upgraded as a way of providing broom customization.
Your broom can be very handy in a lot of situations, especially when it comes to exploring the world that awaits you outside of Hogwarts.
Sometimes some places need you to get on your broom if you wish to reach them and the view is spectacular.
While the broom may not be so good early on in the game, you can later enjoy it to its full extent after some progress has been made.