- Quest Type: Optional Quest
- Quest Location: Coral Highlands
- Quest Rank: 4
Paolumu have been known to dwell in the Coral Highlands but their behavior is unknown to researchers which has raised curiosity.
The Smart Biologist requests that you track one down and instead of killing the monster, you will need to capture it for further study.
Your objective for this quest is to head to the Coral Highlands and find a Paolumu which you must then capture.
- Quest Type: Capture Quest
- Objective: Capture a Paolumu
- Quest Giver: Smart Biologist (Quest Board)
You can start out in Southern Camp (1) and make your way towards Sector 5, picking up the Paolumu’s tracks along the way.
As you head to Sector 5, the location of the monster should be revealed and it will most likely be spotted in or near the sector.
Attack the monster until you weaken it enough to force it to fly to its resting area in Sector 9 where the monster will be sleeping.
Take advantage of the moment and use a Shock Trap to stun it and follow up with Tranq Bombs to capture the monster.
Once the Paolumu has been captured, the White Monster For A White Coat quest will be complete and you will receive a reward of 5,760 Zenny for your efforts.
The Special Arena: Paolumu quest will be available after finishing this quest for the first time.
- The Paolumu can be quite annoying to fight due to the fact that it remains in the air most of the time and it is suggested to find space where its ability to fly is limited while you fight.
- Attacking the Paolumu with your Slinger and using different kinds of ammo may benefit you depending on the strategy you are using.
- It is a good idea to weaken the creature and follow it back to its resting area where it will be sleeping since you will be able to easily deploy a Shock Trap to stun it.