Last Updated on October 21, 2020 by Michael James
- Quest Type: Optional Quest
- Quest Location: Wildspire Waste
- Quest Rank: 2
The Kulu-Ya-Ku is considered to be a rare creature due to the fact that it uses stones that it picks up as tools.
Due to the fascination the Smart Biologist has with the behavior of the Kulu-Ya-Ku, it has been requested that you catch one for him to study.
You will need to track down the Kulu-Ya-Ku in the Wildspire Waste and catch it to be brought back to the Smart Biologist.
- Quest Type: Capture Quest
- Objective: Capture A Kulu-Ya-Ku
- Quest Giver: Smart Biologist (Astera)
You can start off in Southwest Camp (1) and make your way towards Sector 5 but don’t forget to pick up the gear in the Supply Box.
As you head towards Sector 5, the scoutflies will help you track down the location of the Kulu-Ya-Ku, which will be roaming in the sector.
Attack the Kulu-Ya-Ku and reduce its health to a critical level until it begins to limp away, escaping to a nearby cave.
Follow the Kulu-Ya-Ku and use a Shock Trap up close to it followed by Tranq Bombs to capture it.
Once you have successfully captured the Kulu-Ya-Ku, the Snatch A Snatcher quest will be complete and you will be rewarded with 2520 Zenny.
- The Kulu-Ya-Ku will eventually retreat to a cave and much on an egg when its health is very low and at this point you begin the capturing process while it eats.
- Sometimes the Kulu-Ya-Ku may flee normally but later on end up limping which makes it important to observe it instead of continuously attacking after you have done a substantial amount of damage.
- A Barroth may be lurking nearby and can cause quite a trouble while you fight the Kulu-Ya-Ku and its best you did not attack it and simply focus on your target and chase after it, regardless if the two engage each other.