- Quest Type: Optional Quest
- Quest Location: Ancient Forest
- Quest Rank: 5
The Second Fleet needs materials from both a Rathalos and a Rathian in order to create new tools for you to use.
In order to craft these tools, you will need to provide the materials for The Armory by gathering them yourself from the said monsters.
Your objective will be to head to the Ancient Forest and track down both a Rathalos and a Rathian and slay each one of them.
- Quest Type: Hunting Quest
- Objective: Hunt all Target Monsters (1 Rathalos and 1 Rathian)
- Quest Giver: The Armory (Astera)
Starting out in Ancient Forest Camp (17) is a great idea since the nest of the targets are usually in Sector 16 which may give you the chance to spot one of the monsters right away.
Head over to Sector 16 and you will either find one of the monsters or traces of them which you can follow to figure out where their locations are.
Hunt down each monster and follow it once their health is critical until you have slain each of them.
The quest will only be complete once you have killed both of the monsters within the allotted time.
After slaying both the Rathalos and Rathian, the Redefining The Power Couple quest will be finished and you will receive 7,920 Zenny as a reward.
Completing this quest will also reward you with the Bandit Mantle.
- The monsters will be roaming around the map during this quest and you will need to get their tracks to easily find them.
- Both the Rathalos and Rathian are capable of setting you on fire and poisoning you, making it necessary to roll when on fire and to have Antidote to rid yourself of poison.
- Focus on one monster at a time to split them up and avoid fighting them together as this may waste time and even end up with you fainting multiple times, causing the quest to fail.