- Quest Type: Main Quest
- Quest Location: Coral Highlands
- Quest Rank: 7
After further investigation of Rathian tracks during expeditions, the trace of the monster has been found to be in the Coral Highlands.
Since this strange monster has stirred up parts of the new world, you will need to figure out what it is by heading to its location.
The location of this strange type of Rathian has been unfolded and you will need to head over to it and eventually slay it.
The objective of this mission is for you to track down a Pink Rathian that has made its appearance in the Coral Highlands.
The moment you begin the mission, a cutscene will start and you will find yourself face to face with the Pink Rathian.
Regardless of where you start out, you will always begin with a cutscene and start fighting the Pink Rather in Sector 12.
Begin attacking the Pink Rathian as soon as possible and try to deal as much damage as possible before you are interrupted by a Legiana.
The Legiana will attack both you and the Pink Rathalos, disturbing your fight which will require you to decide whether to focus on one of them, fight both monsters or to let them damage each other first.
Dealing enough damage will cause the Pink Rathian to retreat by flying to another area which is most likely to be in Sector 8.
Chase down the Pink Rathian and continue to attack it to reduce its health even further until it will be forced to flee again.
If you are able to damage the monster enough to the point where its health is at a critical state, it will attempt to fly to a nesting area in Sector 10.
Once the monster is resting, finish it off and the quest will come to an end.
Slaying the Pink Rathian will complete the Old World Monster In The New World, rewarding you with 12,600 Zenny.
Later on the quest called A Wound And A Thirst will be available after exploring the Everstream, following the progression of the main story.
- During the in Sector 12, a Legiana may appear and will attempt to attack you or the Pink Rathian which you can take advantage of for additional damage or as a distraction.
- When the Pink Rathian retreats to Sector 8, a Tzitzi-Ya-Ku will be present and may attack the Pink Rathian which is capable of stunning the monster, allowing you to take advantage of its disabled state.
- Be sure to bring Antidotes to cure yourself from the Pink Rathian’s poison attacks, which are caused by its close ranged attacks.
- If you cannot handle multiple monsters, it’s best to wait for them to split up or to deal damage to the Pink Rathian to force it out of the area or damage the other monster to make it escape.