Mired in the Spire (Optional Quest) in MHW
- Quest Type: Optional Quest
- Quest Location: Wildspire Waste
- Quest Rank: 3
The Chief Ecologist has researchers out in the Wildspire Waste examining the Carrier Ants in the area due to their engineering behavior.
While studying the Carrier Ants, a Barroth appeared and ruined their entire operation, causing a lot of progress to be lost as hindering further progress.
You are needed to deal with the Barroth in order for the researchers to continue studying the Carrier Ants.
- Quest Type: Hunting Quest
- Objective: Hunt A Barroth
- Quest Giver: Chief Ecologist (Quest Board)
Start out in Eastern Camp (11) and either follow the scoutflies or head straight for Sector 8, which is where the Barroth will be roaming.
Engage the Barroth in combat and deal enough damage to weaken it, forcing it to flee or until you manage to kill it before you get the chance.
Should the Barroth be able to flee when its health is critical, follow it to Sector 9 where it will attempt to rest and deal the final blows.
After you have slain the Barroth, the Mired In The Spire quest will be complete and you will be rewarded with 2,520 Zenny.
- Sector 8 is very spacious and will give you a good chance of avoiding the Barroth’s attacks, which make using the surroundings a good idea for survival.
- The Barroth tends to cover the area with which it can disable you and this should be avoided by leading it away from the area.
- Take advantage of the Barroth’s recklessness and attack it while it recovers from charging and other actions.