- Quest Type: Optional Quest
- Quest Location: Ancient Forest
- Quest Rank: 1
One of the Chief Ecologist’s field researchers needs to collect Brightmoss from the Ancient Forest, which is only found in caves.
Aside from there being Brightmoss in caves, a large number of Jagras can also be found which makes collecting it dangerous.
You are going to need to make the caves safer by clearing out Jagras that inhabit the area.
- Quest Type: Slaying Quest
- Objective: Slay 7 Jagras
- Quest Giver: Chief Ecologist (Quest Board)
Once the quest starts, you will need to head to the cave in Sector 2 where there are plenty of Jagras for you to kill.
Kill the Jagras that you find inside the cave and chase down any that run away until you kill 7 Jagras in total.
In the event that there are not enough Jagras, you can proceed to Sector 7 orSector 8 where there will be more Jagras lurking around.
After you have slain 7 Jagras, A Thicket Of Thugs quest will be complete and you will receive a reward of 720 Zenny.
- Usually you might not be able to kill all 7 Jagras in a single cave and will have to search for more elsewhere which can be done nearby or by following the other Jagras that run away.
- These smaller monsters can be quite annoying and will try to team up on you but it is advisable to focus on one at a time rather than attacking whatever you can.