- Quest Type: Optional Quest
- Quest Location: Ancient Forest
- Quest Rank: 1
The local Kestodon have become a nuisance to researchers that are out collecting samples which can prove quite dangerous at times and not to mention, quite annoying.
It has been requested by the Chief Ecologist that you deal with these creatures so they no longer interfere with the work needed to be done by the researchers.
You will need to head to the Ancient Forest and reduce their numbers to allow the researchers to continue with their tasks unhindered.
- Quest Type: Slaying Quest
- Objective: Slay 12 Kestodons
- Quest Giver: Chief Ecologist (Quest Board)
Start out in Southwest Camp (1) and leave the camp where you will face a herd of Kestodon out in the open.
After killing the Kestodon in Sector 1, head for Sector 4 and you will find yourself amongst another herd of the monsters.
Once the beach in Sector 4 has been cleared, there will be another batch of Kestodon in Sector 12.
Once you have slain all 12 Kestodon in total, the Butting Heads With Nature quest will be complete and you will end up being rewarded with 720 Zenny.
- Try to avoid getting headbutted by Kestodon as this can knock you over and hinder your actions for a short amount of time.
- Some weapons may be deflected when they hit the head of a male Kestodon which might require you to go for the body instead.
- Try not to stay still for too long as the monsters will close in on you and eventually knock you over.