A Bone to Pick (Optional Quest) in MHW
- Quest Type: Optional Quest
- Quest Location: Rotten Vale
- Quest Rank: 4
Researchers are trying to obtain fossils from the Rotten Vale but these keep getting stuck onto a Radobaan which keeps rolling around in the area.
Until the Radobaan has been dealt with, the researchers will not be able to collect the fossils in the Rotten Vale.
Your objective for this quest will be to find the Radobaan and put it down to prevent it from scattering more fossils in the area.
- Quest Type: Hunting Quest
- Objective: Hunt a Radobaan
- Quest Giver: Chief Ecologist (Quest Board)
Begin in Central Camp (11) and head off by making your way to Sector 4 where the Radobaan can usually be found.
Along the way you may want to track the monster down by interacting with the traces it leaves behind to eventually find its exact location.
Once the Radobaan is in sight or has been revealed, head towards it and begin attacking it until you can weaken it.
Proceed with weakening the monster and chasing after it until you bring its health to near death.
Once you have slain the Radobaan, the A Bone To Pick quest will be complete and you will be rewarded with 4,320 Zenny.
- The Radobaan is not easily penetrated as its parts are well protected and you should focus on destroying these parts before performing long combos.
- Try to deal as much damage as possible when the monster is weakened before it has the chance to replace its broken parts.
- Avoid taking too many hits as this can stun you, opening you up for another hit or worse, several sources of damage.