Scratching the Itch (Optional Quest) in MHW
- Quest Type: Optional Quest
- Quest Location: Rotten Vale
- Quest Rank: 5
The Chief Ecologist believes that all hunters could use a good old Odogaron backscratcher and needs your help making them.
In order to craft such items, the Chief Ecologist will require parts from an Odogaron which he asks you to take care of.
In this quest, you will need to hunt down a Odogaron and kill it for its materials to be used later on.
- Quest Type: Hunting Quest
- Objective: Hunt an Odogaron
- Quest Giver: Chief Ecologist (Quest Board)
Start out in Central Camp (11) as this is close to where the Odogaron can be found and make your way down from the camp to search the area.
There is a good chance that you will find tracks to lead you to the Odogaron or even find the monster roaming in that sector.
Proceed with attacking the Odogaron and deal enough damage to force it to the next sector and repeat this until its health is critical.
Once the Odogaron’s health is critical and has fled, chase it down to Sector 13 where it will begin to rest so that you can finish it off.
Once you have slain the Odogaron, the Scratching The Itch quest will be complete and you will be rewarded with 5,400 Zenny.
- Watch out for the Odogaron’s attacks as they may cause bleeding and will require that you crouch and stay still for a while or you will bleed out.
- Do not attempt to rush the Odogaron with combos until it stops dashing around and instead, resort to pokes and quick combos until it gets stunned and opens up the opportunity for better combos.
- Girros will attempt to attack the Odogaron and may end up stunning it, giving you the advantage.