Destiny 2 has a lot of unique weapons which all come in different shapes and sizes, with different perks and traits among them.
Players usually tend to use weapons that best suit their tastes while others prefer weapons that can be utilized efficiently in missions.
Below we have collected some of the most popular and most efficient weapons that you can obtain in Destiny 2.
Best Exotic Weapons
The following are the top 10 best exotic weapons that players usually get their hands on in Destiny 2.
Dead Man’s Tale (Scout Rifle)
The Dead Man’s Tale is a powerful scout rifle capable of dealing successive damage which increases if you score precision hits.
- Cranial Strike – Precision hits deal bonus damage.
Also Read: How to Get Dead Man’s Tale
Izanagi’s Burden (Sniper Rifle)
One of the strongest sniper rifles in Destiny 2, Izanagi’s Burden is capable of dealing massive damage in a single shot.
- Honed Edge – Consume the magazine and load a more powerful round.
- No Distractions – Aiming this weapon for a short period reduces flinch.
Also Read: Season of the Splicer Gear Guide
Ace of Spades (Hand Cannon)
A weapon previously owned by Cayde-6 before his demise, this hand cannon is capable of dispatching multiple enemies with explosive properties.
- Memento Mori – Grants radar while aiming down sights. Bonus damage after kill-reload.
- Firefly – Precision kills with this weapon increase reload speed and cause the target to explode, dealing Solar damage to nearby enemies.
Ticcu’s Divination (Combat Bow)
A deadly combat bow from Season of the Chosen, Ticuu’s Divination is capable of setting enemies aflame and causing explosions to those on fire.
- Sacred Flame – Hipfired shots track targets.
- Causality Arrows – Arrows fired while aiming down sights cause Sacred Flames to instantly detonate. Precision hits with perfectly drawn arrows increase the power of this detonation.
Xenophage (Machine Gun)
When you need to clear a whole load of enemies or deal incredible damage to tough ones, the Xenophage is a beast at dealing rapid rounds of explosive damage.
- Pyrotoxin Rounds – Fires high-powered explosive ammunition.
- Rangefinder – Aiming this weapon increases its effective range and zoom magnification. Increased projectile velocity while aiming rocket launchers and grenade launchers.
The Chaperone (Shotgun)
The Chaperone is a shotgun that acts more like a rifle, firing a single-slug precision round to deal a massive amount of damage to targets.
- Precision Slug – Single-slug precision round.
- The Roadborn – Precision kills briefly grant bonus handling, range, and precision damage with this weapon.
The Wardcliff Coil (Rocket Launcher)
Instead of firing single rockets at enemies, imagine firing valleys of them and easily reloading to continuously keep the barrage coming.
- Mad Scientist – Shoots a long volley of rockets.
- Mechanized Autoloader – This weapon automatically reloads on ammo pickup.
Tarrabah (Submachine Gun)
With a hunger for dealing damage, the Tarrabah is capable of storing power to deal excessive damage when activated.
- Ravenous Beast – This weapon stores power when dealing or receiving damage. Alternate weapon action unleashes the beast when full.
- Bottomless Appetite – Dealing continuous damage extends the duration of Ravenous Beast.
Vex Mythoclast (Fusion Rifle)
Dealing the damage of a fusion rifle at the fire rate of an auto rifle, the Vex Mythoclast is great for dealing high amounts of damage to enemies with its single bolt shots.
- Timeless Mythoclast – Fires a single bolt per shot.
- Temporal Unlimiter – Defeating targets builds stacks of Overcharge. Alternate weapon action allows you to swap firing modes while holding the trigger allows it to charge up and fire more powerful linear fusion shots.
The Lament (Sword)
A sword that has the power to smash enemies with shields, continuously assault combatants, and even heal its wielder when dealing damage.
- Banshee’s Wail – Rev to empower bypasses shields.
- Enduring Guard – Sword Guard has maximized efficiency and high endurance, but lower resistance.
- Tireless Blade – Sword ammo granted for every powered word kill.
- Revved Consumption – Damaging a combatant heals the wielder.
While not all the exotic weapons have been added to this list, these are some of the most common as well as some of the most effective ingame.
Most of these weapons will come at different power levels but eventually, all can be upgraded to your current power level based on the gear you consume.
Many other exotic weapons can be acquired, many of them which are not on this list and might be preferred by other players.