Last Updated on September 7, 2022 by Michael James
The Star Chart is a Navigational Interface that lets you manage most of the Season of Plunder activities that you do.
It is here that you continue with the Sails of the Shipstealer seasonal quest as well as acquire upgrades for focusing and other season-related bonuses.
During Season of Plunder, you will want to rank up your Savvy as much as you can to access the rewards here to easily obtain seasonal gear and more.
In the Pirate Crew menu, you can recruit a Quartermaster, Navigator, and Swashbuckler to join you when you do Season of Plunder activities.
Once these crew members join you, certain upgrades can be purchased which allow them to provide you with buffs during the activities.
Aside from having them join you, they also provide bonuses when you purchase certain upgrades which also unlock focusing options.
The following are the crew that you can hire as well as their upgrades:
1) Quartermaster (SCUR-V The Servitor)
- Hire SCUR-V the Servitor – Grants you slightly increased reload speed while in combat. This also unlocks armor focusing, allowing you to decrypt Umbral Engrams into Season of Plunder armor.
- Captain’s Share – Allows you earn bonus Glimmer at the end of an Expedition.
- Focused Weapon Spoils – Grants the ability to decrypt Umbral Engrams into Season of Plunder weapons.
- First Mate SCUR-V – Promotes SCUR-V to first mate, providing you with improved buffs while in combat. (Increases reload speed and Faster class ability recharge)
- Double Perk Weapon Spoils – The first time you focus a Season of Plunder weapon each week, it will roll with an additional selectable perk.
- Double Plundered Umbral Energy Map – Unlocks the Double Plundered Umbral Energy Treasure Map in the Captain’s Atlas.
- Bargain Armor Spoils – The first time you decrypt an Umbral Engram into Season of Plunder armor each week, it does not consume Plundered Umbral Energy.
2) Navigator (Halsiks the Sniper)
- Hire Halsiks the Sniper – Having Halsiks present will provide you with increased precision damage. This also unlocks the ability to occasionally find Treasure Coordinates on defeated combatants.
- Armor Treasure Map – Unlocks the Plunder Armor Focused Map in the Captain’s Atlas.
- Weapon Treasure Map – Unlocks the Plunder Weapon Focused Map in the Captain’s Atlas.
- First Mate Halsiks – Promotes Halsiks to first mate, providing you with improved buffs while he is active. (Increased precision damage and faster grenade recharge)
- Under One Banner – Allows you to earn bonus Treasure Coordinates by completing ritual activities with other Guardians who have Season of Plunder access.
- Boastful Crew – Increases Savvy earned from completing Season of Plunder activities.
- Plunder Windfall – Occasionally earn Plundered Umbral Energy by completing strikes, Crucible, Gambit, and other activities.
3) Swashbuckler (Skiffblades)
- Hire The Skiffblades – The Skiffblades grant you slightly increased melee damage while they are in combat. This also unlocks a random bonus reward when you emote with your crew at the end of a Ketchcrash or Expedition.
- Floating Debris – Increases the chance to earn Season of Plunder gear by completing Ketchcrash missions.
- Magnetic Drill – Increases the chance to earn Season of Plunder gear from the chest at the end of Expedition missions.
- First Mate Skiffblades – Promotes the Skiffblades to first mates in the Captain’s Atlas to get improved buffs when they are in combat. (Increased melee damage and faster melee ability recharge)
- Hidden Compartment – Every first Ketchcrash you complete each week rewards a weapon with Deepsight Resonance.
- Precise Cartography – Increases Plundered Umbral Energy found using Treasure Maps.
- Rumored Treasure Map – Once a week, you will be able to use a Treasure Map that your crewmates heard rumors about.
Star Chart Upgrade Order
The Star Chart can be upgraded in any order that you want but there is a suggested order to provide you with the best experience and better progression through the season.
Following the below upgrade path for the Pirate Crew will allow you to easily reap rewards and make the most out of Season of Plunder.
Below is the best Star Chart upgrades:
- Hire Halsiks The Sniper (Navigator) – Being able to farm Treasure Fragments by killing enemies makes it easier for you to farm them to craft Treasure Maps more often
- Hire SCUR-V The Servitor (Quartermaster) – This will allow you to start crafting seasonal gear to focus and get the stats you want so you can make use of the Ketchkiller Set bonus. The Ketchkiller gear provides 5% more Treasure Coordinates for each piece stacking up to 20%)
- Hire the Skiffblades (Swashbuckler) – Hiring the Skiffblades is a great way to earn bonus rewards at the end of Ketchcrash and Expedition missions
- Captain’s Share (Quartermaster – With this upgrade, you will get more Glimmer from Expeditions, providing you with more to spend on Vendors
- Floating Debris (Swashbuckler) – This will give you a chance to earn Season of Plunder gear to help you find stats you need or to use with infusing
- Focused Weapon Spoils (Quartermaster) – This will allow you to focus Season of Plunder weapons, allowing you to get better rolls and complete weekly challenges
- Magnetic Drill (Swashbuckler) – This helps you get more Season of Plunder gear from Expedition missions to get more gear from the season
- First Mate Halsikds (Navigator) – This will improve the buffs you get from Halsiks during Ketchcrash and Expeditions
- First Mate SCUR-V (Quartermaster) – This will improve the buffs you get from SCUR-V during Ketchcrash and Expeditions
- First Mate Skiffblades (Swashbuckler) – This will improve the buffs you get from the Skiffblades during Ketchcrash and Expeditions
- Precise Cartography (Skiffblades) – Unlocking this will make it easier for you to farm Plundered Umbral energy for when you will do focusing
- Double Plundered Umbral Energy Map – This allows you to create maps that provide twice as much Plundered Umbral energy
- Boastful Crew (Navigator) – With this upgrade, you can raise your Savvy quicker and will be able to reap more rewards
- Plunder Windfall (Navigator) – This upgrade will increase your chances to get Plundered Umbral Energy, allowing you to farm more
- Under One Banner (Navigator) – Provides you with more Treasure Coordinates so you can make Treasure Maps more often
- Hidden Compartment (Skiffblades) – Guarantees a weapon with Deepsight Resonance each week for obtaining its pattern
- Bargain Armor Spoils (Quartermaster)– Allows you to save more on Plundered Umbral Energy when focusing Season of Plunder armor once a week
- Double Perk Weapon Spoils (Quartermaster) – Allows you to get an additional perk for a focused weapon once a week
- Armor Treasure Map (Navigator) – Lets you make a Treasure Map to get Season of Plunder Armor
- Weapon Treasure Map (Navigator) – Lets you make a Treasure Map to get Season of Plunder Weapons
- Rumored Treasure Map – Provides you with the ability to make a Treasure Map that your crewmates have heard about once a week
Hiring all three of the Pirate Crews instead of focusing on a single path will allow you to summon all of them when you participate in Ketchcrash and Expedition missions.
Upgrading your crew to their first mate ranks will make Ketchcrash and Expeditions so you can complete them with more ease.