A light aligned with the psychic plane, capable of dispelling light.
The Witch Queen DLC has started us off with Season of the Risen and the artifact seems to be a magical object known as the Synaptic Spear.
Like other artifacts, the Synaptic Spear provides players with additional mods to use as well as a boost in their Power Score.
The Synaptic Spear is the key to separating the Light from Hive enemies and will be a necessary tool when going against Savathun.
How To Get The Synaptic Spear?
The Synaptic Spear is obtained as you progress through the introduction of The Witch Queen where you eventually obtain it after infiltrating Savathun’s throne world.
Although you are left in the middle of nowhere, you still survive and obtain the Synaptic Spear and will be able to use it from then on.
You will need to get The Witch Queen DLC to fully enjoy its benefits and may not obtain it at all without purchasing it for its content.
How To Level Up Synaptic Spear?
You may level up the Synaptic Spear by gaining XP and this will provide you with the bonuses as the artifact gains levels.
Gaining experience will provide you with a Power Bonus and Artifact Unlock, which separately are obtained depending on your XP.
This can easily be leveled up by completing activities, killing enemies, and taking on seasonal challenges during Season 16.
Season of The Risen Artifact Mods
Each time you level up your Season of the Risen Artifact, you will gain a point that you can place into mods when previewing your Artifact.
Placing a point will allow you to craft the mod and equip it into a specific piece of gear, granting you better passives.
You will unlock a new set of mods after obtaining a certain amount of Artifact Mods, unlocking a new tier for each set.
The following are the tiers and mods of the Season of the Risen artifact.
Tier 1 (0 Artifact Mods)
Anti-Barrier Scout Rifle (Arms Armor Mod)
- Scout Rifles you are wielding fire shield-piercing rounds and stun Barrier Champions
- Scout Rifles deal bonus damage against Barrier Champions.
Overload Rounds (Arms Armor Mod)
- Uninterrupted fire from your equipped Auto Rifles and Submachine Guns grants bullets that stun combatants, delaying ability regeneration and lowering combatant damage output.
- Strong against Overload Champions
Unstoppable Hand Cannon (Arms Armor Mod)
- Aiming down sights with any Hand Cannon you are wielding loads a powerful explosive payload that stuns unshielded combatants.
- Strong against Unstoppable Champions
Piercing Bowstring (Arms Armor Mod)
- Bows gain shield-piercing arrows, which bypass combatant defenses.
- Strong against Barrier Champions.
Unstoppable Pulse Rifle (Arms Armor Mod)
- Aiming down Pulse Rifle sights loads a high-impact burst that stuns unshielded combatants.
- Strong against Unstoppable Champions.
Tier 2 (2 Artifact Mods)
Glaive Dexterity (Arms Armor Mod)
- Faster ready and stow speed for Glaives.
Rocket Launcher Scavenger (Leg Armor Mod)
- Rocket Launchers get bonus reserves when picking up Heavy Ammo.
Psionic Forging I (Helmet Armor Mod)
- Increases the duration of the Psychohack Origin Trait and the effect of the Suros Synergy Origin Trait.
Melee Wellmaker (Elemental Well Mod)
- Powered melee combatant final blows spawn elemental wells matching your subclass energy type.
Hand Cannon Targeting (Helmet Armor Mod)
- Improved target acquisition, accuracy, and aim-down-sights speed for Hand Cannons.
Tier 3 (5 Artifact Mods)
Glaive Scavenger (Legs Armor Mod)
- Glaives get bonus reserves when picking up ammo used by that Glaive.
Thermoshock Plating (Chest Armor Mod)
- Reduces incoming Solar damage from combatants.
- Reducing incoming Arc damage from combatants.
Auto Rifle Loader (Arms Armor Mod)
- Increases reload speed of Auto Rifles.
Font of Might (Elemental Well Mod)
- Picking up an elemental well that matches your subclass energy type grants a temporary bonus to weapon damage of that same elemental type.
Psionic Forging II (Helmet Armor Mod)
- Increases the duration of the Land Tank Origin Trait and the effect of the Hakke Breach Armaments Origin Trait.
Tier 4 (9 Artifact Mods)
Unstoppable Glaive (Arms Armor Mod)
- Glaives you wield fire a powerful explosive payload that stuns unshielded combatants.
Strong against Unstoppable Champions.
Lucent Finisher (Class Item Mod)
- Defeating a Lucent Hive Lightbearer or Champion with your finishers spawns Heavy ammo for you and your allies.
Suppressing Glaive (Class Item Mod)
- Damaging combatants with your Glaive suppresses them, preventing them from using abilities for a short time.
Overload Grenades (Class Item Mod)
- Void grenades disrupt combatants, stunning them, delaying ability energy regeneration and lowering combatant damage output.
- Strong against Overload Champions.
Inferno Whip (Class Item Mod)
- Solar melee abilities stun unshielded combatants.
- Strong against Unstoppable Champions.
Tier 5 (14 Artifact Mods)
Suppression Mastery (Class Item Mod)
- Suppression effects you create have increased duration.
Devouring Depths (Class Item Mod)
- Casting your Void Super while you are critically wounded or benefitting from Devour increases your damage with that Super.
Volatile Flow (Elemental Well Mod)
- Picking up a Void elemental well grants your void weapons Volatile rounds.
Energy Vampirism (Class Item Mod)
- Gain energy for your least-charged ability when you suppress a target.
Suppressive Darkness (Class Item Mod)
- Whenever you suppress a combatant, you also weaken them, causing them to take additional damage for a short time.
There are many benefits of leveling up the Synaptic Spear and a lot of mods useful for the newly added Glaive weapon.
Leveling up the Synaptic Spear will allow you to gain more bonuses that you can use to improve your builds with your equipment.
The more XP you gain while playing through the game, the faster you will level up the Synaptic Spear and the sooner you get to use its mods.