Last Updated on January 6, 2022 by Michael James
You may have spoken with the Gunsmith Banshee-44 at the Tower and might have noticed the items that he sells, which require Gunsmith Materials.
If you have been collecting a ton of gear and find yourself full of ones that you do not need, there is no need to worry, you can turn them into Gunsmith Materials.
The Gunsmith Materials that you collect as you dismantle your gear can, later on, be used to increase your reputation rank with Banshee-44.
Where to Get Gunsmith Materials?
Gunsmith Materials are not necessarily obtained in a specific area but rather they are obtained in your inventory.
You can acquire Gunsmith Materials by using the dismantle feature which may be done when you access your inventory screen.
How to Get Gunsmith Materials?
- To get Gunsmith Materials, you will need to choose a piece of gear and dismantle it, which will remove it in exchange for other items.
- You can start dismantling gear by heading into your inventory, where you can see your gear, allowing you to choose which ones you want to dismantle.
- Dismantling a piece of gear will provide you with a small amount of Gunsmith Materials with a chance of getting other bonus goodies.
Also read below the other Destiny 2 materials farming guide:
- Ascendant Shards Farming Guide
- Concentrated Mattergem Farming Guide
- Upgrade Modules Farming Guide
- Bright Dust Farming Guide
- Microphasic Datalattice Farming Guide
- Tincture of Queensfoil Farming Guide
- Helium Filaments Farming Guide
Gunsmith Materials Use
Gunsmith Materials are mainly used to increase your rank with Banshee-44, which will reward you with a Gunsmith Engram with each rank up.
The Gunsmith Engram you receive will provide you with a legendary weapon and may even have a chance to also contain weapon mods.
The mods that you obtain from Banshee-44 when you rank up and use Gunsmith Engrams can prove to be quite useful late on when you upgrade your weapons.
Some weapons that do not easily drop may be obtained from the Gunsmith Engrams, with a small chance of being a Masterwork or better piece of gear.