Intrinsics is a system which affects how adept you are during Railjack missions and provides you with benefits for having higher ranks with certain roles or classes regarding them.
The more Railjack activity that occurs, the more your Intrinsics will develop which later will boost your overall performance during Railjack missions.
Each of the Intrinsics focus on a certain role during Railjack which allows players to focus on and rank up until they are ready to pick up another one.
It is also possible to rank up multiple Intrinsics at the same time for those who focus on multiple roles or even prefer to solo Railjack missions.
The Tactical Class focuses on the adaption to battle in a sense where you can easily manage yourself and some assistance from your crew.
It provides you with different options during different situations during missions and the battles within them granting you mobility and advantage against enemies.
The Tactical Class benefits you with the following:
- Rank 1 – Tactical System – Deploy tactical Avionics. Crew Tracking System.
- Rank 2 – Ability Kinesis – Allows Warframe abilities to be deployed as tactical support.
- Rank 3 – Command Link – Grants fast travel within the vessel. Allows you to give orders to squad with a command interface for easy communication.
- Rank 4 – Recall Warp – Allows you to teleport to the ship from any location by selecting Omni tool when outside Railjack.
- Rank 5 – Overseer – Allows you to use the Crew Chase camera to view members of your squad.
- Rank 6 – Tactical Efficiency – Flux Energy consumption is reduced by 25%
- Rank 7 – Tactical Response – Cooldown of tactical avionics is reduced by 20%
- Rank 8 – Archwing Tactical Blink – Archwing Blink cooldown is reduced by 25%
- Rank 9 – Swift Tactics – Cooldown of tactical avionics is reduced by another 20%
- Rank 10 – Join Warp – Allows you to warp from the ship to a member of your crew.
Piloting affects your control over the ship, allowing you better movement and increasing the survivability provided by your handling of it.
As a pilot you will need this to outmaneuver enemies and withstand battles that require the best of skill when piloting your Railjack.
The Piloting Class benefits you with the following:
- Rank 1 – Boost – Allows you to boost engine speed of the Railjack.
- Rank 2 – Vector Maneuver – Allows you to do a quick dash with thrusters.
- Rank 3 – Vectored Evasion–Removes lock on of nearby enemy projectiles when a Vector Maneuver is done.
- Rank 4 – Safe Flight – Reduces collision damage by 50%
- Rank 5 – Drift Maneuver – Allows you to drift towards a direction after doing a Vector Maneuver and continuously move in that direction and end by releasing to dash forward out of the drift.
- Rank 6 – Slip Stream – Increases boost time by 25%
- Rank 7 – Enhanced Maneuvers – Reduces the boost consumed by Vector and Drift maneuvers by 25%
- Rank 8 – Aeronaut – Increases Archwing speed by 20%
- Rank 9 – Evasion – Incoming damage is reduced by 10% when boosting.
- Rank 10 – Ramming Speed – 2000 damage is dealt to enemies that are rammed while boosting.
Gunnery unlocks the usage of deadly arsenal aboard the ship and allows you to take advantage of advanced targeting systems and gives you a better edge when fighting enemies.
You will be granted the usages of the onboard weapons as well as functions that allow you to charge out of the Railjack to face enemies.
The Gunnery Class benefits you with the following:
- Rank 1 – Target Sync – Shows a lead target indicator and allows you to lock on ordinance weapon onto enemies.
- Rank 2 – Phantom Eye – Gives turrets a full 360 degrees view for engaging enemies around the ship.
- Rank 3 – Archwing Slingshot – Allows you to access the slingshot at the top of the ship that launches you forward to where you target.
- Rank 4 – Archwing Warhead – Allows you to damage fighters or penetrate crew ships to instantly get inside them when targeting them with Archwing Slingshot.
- Rank 5 – Artillery Command – Grants control of forward-mounted Artillery cannon.
- Rank 6 – Cold Trigger – Reduces the amount of heat that turrets get when firing.
- Rank 7 – Advanced Gunnery – Overheat cooldown time of turrets is reduced by 50% and slingshot range is increased by 50%
- Rank 8 – Vengeful Archwing – Archwing damage is increased by 25% as well as the ability strength, ability range and ability efficiency gain an increase by 20%
- Rank 9 – Combat Drift – Weapon heat is reduced by 50% while weapon damage is increased by 50% while drifting.
- Rank 10 – Reflex Aim – Allows aim to snap to a target nearest to the lead indicator.
Engineering focuses on maintaining the ship and the handling of its utilities to keep it in good condition and to grant bonuses when collected resources from the forge.
This class keeps the ship in top condition, keeps ammo stocked and helps prevent the ship from having any disadvantages during combat as well as providing a little extra reward from resources gathered.
The Engineering Class benefits you with the following:
- Rank 1 – Applied Omni – Accelerated hazard suppression and hull repair speed.
- Rank 2 – Flux Forge – Flux Energy may be forged inside Railjack missions.
- Rank 3 – Ordnance Forge – Ordnance munition may be forged during Railjack missions.
- Rank 4 – Optimization Pass –Forge yields are increased by 25%
- Rank 5 – Dome Charge Forge – Artillery cannon can be resupplied during combat.
- Rank 6 –Forge Accelerator – Increases the processing speed of the forge by 25%
- Rank 7 – Full Optimization – Forge yields are increased by another 25%
- Rank 8 – Vigilant Archwing – Archwing health, shield and armor are increased by 30%
- Rank 9 – Surplus Yield – Refining gives 10% more resources.
- Rank 10 – Anastasis – Allows you to remotely repair onboard hazards.
Command (Coming Soon In Update)
The Command Class is currently unavailable but will be available some time in the future and is said to assist with those that play in a smaller group or alone.
How To Get Intrinsic Points?
Intrinsics is pretty much equivalent to experience and the more you do during Railjack missions means, the more you will receive at the end.
Unlike other missions rewards, Intrinsics will not be lost upon failing a mission or aborting it meaning you still them as a result of your hard work.
The more you Railjack missions you play, the more actions you do and the more success you have with the missions will set you on your way to ranking up your Intrinsics and eventually you will master everything.
How To Rank Up Intrinsics Classes?
To rank up your Intrinsics classes, simply head to the Railjack Intrinsics section and hover your cursor over the class you wish to rank up and hold the prompted button to confirm the rank up.
You will need a certain amount of Intrinsic points to be able to rank them up which will always require more per rank.
- Do not worry about investing points in the wrong starting Intrinsics class as you will have the opportunity to fill all of them up.
- Stealth kills when aboard the facilities and ships grant bonus Intrinsics points and are also affected by affinity boosters.
- Be sure to read the rank up bonuses and see which ones will benefit you more to make your progression faster and more comfortable.
- The more missions you play, the more Intrinsics you will get plus the added bonus of loot.